Incorrect timing

I noticed that my dual processor laptop is off on the timing, apparently by a factor of two. This doesn't seem to be related to the 'absurd times' posts made by other users. Is there a fix that will be available soon?

Comments

• Hi,

This could be a result of a slightly different facet of speedstep. Namely, when you first start profiling, ANTS calculates the clock speed and uses this as a basis of its timings.

If your laptop is running at, say, 800MHz when the process starts, then steps up to 1.6GHz when it gets going, then the timings shown may be incorrect, since we're still assuming the clock is running at 800MHz.

Normally plugging the laptop into the mains causes the CPU to be run at maximum clock speed - this might be worth a try.

Regards,
    Robert
    Robert Chipperfield
    Red Gate
  • There's a Microsoft KB article on seeing what speed the CPU is currently running at - I used the perfmon approach on my laptop:

KB 888282
    Robert Chipperfield
    Red Gate
  • Hi Robert,
    Apparently this was the case. I have checked it numerous times but I caught it once this morning in a half-speed mode. Hopefully my change to the power setting has resolved this. Thanx for your help.

Cosmo