Options

Feature Request / CHM limitation.

keithrkeithr Posts: 16 Bronze 2
edited March 21, 2007 10:03AM in SQL Doc Previous Versions
How about some filtering by name for the object displays, similiar to the filter in SSMS. Nested even, so you could filter for specific database names and then filter the objects for each database would be really great.

I am testing it out on an application db that has 1200+ views in it. For some reason when doing a CHM for the views by themselves, the CHM project crashes, so I have to manually turn enable/disable each view to see whats causing the problem.

I am assuming at this point it is most likely a limitation on the CHM project because it fails while building the index list (@ 99%) and I have been able to do all the other objects within that db in addition to 7 other databases (into a single file which is very nice)

Any idea on what limits a html help project has on number of files or cross-referenced links?
Keith Rupert
Software Developer
Local Government Division
Tyler Technologies, Inc.
P: 888.654.3293 ext. 175111
www.tylertech.com

Comments

• Options
    Hi Keith,
    I would try checking out the temporary chm files that are produced.
    I think that you may find that in the file SQLDoc.hhp the option Binary TOC is enabled. This does not seem to always work.
    eg
    [OPTIONS]
    Auto Index=Yes
    Binary TOC=Yes
    Compatibility=1.1 or later
    Compiled file=..\New project.chm
    Contents file=SQLDoc.hhc
    Default Font=,8,65001
    Default Window=Default
    Default topic=index.html
    Display compile progress=Yes
    Error log file=output.log
    Full-text search=Yes
    Index file=SQLDoc.hhk
    Language=0x809 English (United Kingdom)
    Title=New project

remove the line Binary TOC and try running the project file directly with HTML Help Workshop.
    Hope that works for you. Let me know either way...
    Regards
    David
  • Options
    keithrkeithr Posts: 16 Bronze 2
    Sorry, for the delay in responding. I checked all the previous build outputs and none had binary turned on. Turning it on doesn't help either. (had to try). I was able to get up around 720 views into a chm file, but it still crashes. I do believe its something to do with the views design, but don't know what that is yet.
    Keith Rupert
    Software Developer
    Local Government Division
    Tyler Technologies, Inc.
    P: 888.654.3293 ext. 175111
    www.tylertech.com
  • Options
    Keith & I worked out that there was an incorrect entry in the files section of the SQLDoc.HHP file.
    By removing this entry all worked fine.
    So the section looked like

[FILES]
    index.html
    SQLDoc.hhp

The line in bold was removed and then all worked correctly.
    Thanks Keith.
    Regards
    David