Options

No profiling on Vista

I've following your instructions here http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/vi ... php?t=3472 but that did not work. The web server starts and I open the browser to the site. Everything loads and I close the browser and DOS window. There are never any results.

I am able to take snapshots.

Can you help?

Thanks,
Brett

Comments

• Options
    Hi Brett,

If you're running Windows Vista, I'd highly recommend trying the Beta version of ANTS Profiler 3 - it supports IIS 7 and has a much easier to use method of profiling web applications using the development web server.

Many thanks,
    Robert
    Robert Chipperfield
    Red Gate
  • Options
    Hi Robert,

I followed your suggestion and that is not working either. After stopping the profiler, I can never view any results. It just stays on the start page.

The specific starting page I want to begin profiling keeps throwing this error:

Parser Error
    Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'RadAjax.Net2, Version=1.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3f7b438d1c762d0b' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/index.Master" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="mysite.test.Login" Title="Untitled Page" %>
    Line 2:
    Line 3: <%@ Register Assembly="RadAjax.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="radA" %>

I always use this IP on the developer machine 192.168.1.66/login.aspx. That works fine. Ants is using 192.168.1.66:8013/login.aspx and that seems to be a problem. It works otherwise.

As a test, I configured IIS to use port 8013 on the above IP. I then referenced 192.168.1.66:8013/login.aspx without any problems. I've removed that configuration from IIS so Ants has a clear port. I don't understand why Ants is complaining.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Brett
  • Options
    I don't know why but when port 8013 was used, it was pointing to the wrong site. I finally figured out which site (it was a recent backup of my current site, which threw me off b/c they are similar) and removed it. Now it points to the correct site. I don't know how it decided to switch after I removed the old site or why it was looking in the wrong place to begin with.
  • Options
    Hi Brett,

So it's all working as it should now? Good :-)

I don't suppose you have a previous copy of the applicationHost.config sitting around from when it was incorrectly detecting which site to use? If so, I wouldn't mind taking a look at it - we need to detect which site the URL you enter corresponds to, so it sounds like there may have been a slight bug there.

Many thanks,
    Robert
    Robert Chipperfield
    Red Gate