Options

Ants Profiler V 2.7.1.20 not work for .NET 2.0 Web apps

when I profile our ASP. NET Web apps (both Web service and ASP .NET apps): Our apps uses HTTPS however the Profiler use HTTP and also added extra port number 8013 which does not work. After I corrected these, it is said our app is not .NET app.

On the .NET Windows service app, I can profile it only on its start. After the Windows service started, the profiler is automatically stopped. I do get results however only for the OnStart(). There is no error.

Call Tech support, not solved the issue.

Any solutions?

thanks,

Mike

Comments

• Options
    Hi Mike,

I'm guessing from the sounds of things that you're running IIS 6 (on Windows 2003 Server or similar). Unfortunately we aren't able to support HTTPS on IIS 6 - the workaround here is to run IIS in IIS 5 Isolation Mode, at which point it should work correctly. We also support HTTPS on IIS 7 if you're looking to move to Vista / Longhorn.

Regarding the windows service, I wonder if you could check your system event log for any possible signs of problems? I'm not sure otherwise what could be causing it - it sounds like your service application is terminating as soon as it starts, which is then causing the profiler to stop.

Hope that helps,
    Robert
    Robert Chipperfield
    Red Gate