Options

Use of Modules

TomChantler2TomChantler2 Posts: 6
edited March 17, 2007 8:15PM in ANTS Load script tester
Hi,

I have a number of separate scripts which, whilst running simultaneously, all make reference to certain properties and methods contained within a module. When I try to compile a script for testing purposes it fails because the module members are not included in the compilation, as you would expect.

Is there a way to include the module during the compilation process or do I have to manually edit each script to include the members from the module? i.e. can I compile the "project" and then test an individual script?

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Do these modules exist in their own independent dll files? If so, tester should support it.
  • Options
    No when I was editing my script in ANTS Load I created new modules by right-clicking on the project in the Porjects Explorer and choosing Add -> Module. SO the modules exist WITHIN the ANTS Load project itself!
  • Options
    Hi Tom,

I'll see if I can have a look at that tonight. I don't believe that I compile anything but the main script item.
  • Options
    Hi Brian,

Thanks a lot ! In the meantime I am just copying my module into my main script item (I can actually have the Module and the class side by side in the single script file of course, so it works fine for testing purposes, but perhaps not if I want to assign virtual clients in different ratios cos the module would exist inside one of the virtual client scripts instead of outside all of them (haven't tried this last bit though)). I look forward to hearing how you get on in due course.
  • Options
    Hi Tom,

I believe I've done it! Can you please download script tester again and see if it works for you?

I've found an array in the ANTS Load project object that lists the ANTS Load scripts, so I can compare all of the VSA scripts in your development environment to that list. Anything that doesn't match must be a module or a class, so I compile the selected test scripts along with the modules. This will mean that if you have test scripts that don't actually use the modules, they will also have the modules compiled in with them. It doesn't appear to hurt anything though.