Install over Beta - which option?

PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
edited January 23, 2007 1:34PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Must I uninstall the Beta, Modify it, or Repair it, please?

If I must uninstall, did you add new tags to the EngineOptions.xml file for the final release? The patch build added some, so I'm guessing the final may have some, too...

I have the patch version (Build 819) and a boatload of aliases and settings in my options file that must be preserved; likewise a load of snippets that I must preserve, so "any changes to snippets tags"?

If you could modify the "Announcement Sticky" to let Beta users know what to do, or give us a URL to a "Help Page", that would be just peachy.

Thanks.
Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
Decide wisely...

Comments

• Bart ReadBart Read Posts: 997 Silver 1
    Hi Stephen,

OK, first off back up your options file (it shouldn't be damaged by the new install but back it up anyway). Then follow these steps:

(1) Uninstall the beta.
    (2) Install the final release.
    (3) If your EngineOptions.xml file and snippet files are gone from the installation directory copy them back in from your back up location.
    (4) Enjoy....

We have added some additional elements to the options file, however it should happily read your old one and add the new items when it next saves the file so you shouldn't need to restore anything.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd
  • PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
    WOW! That was FAST!

Thanks, Bart for the comprehensive and reassuring answer... I will endeavour to enjoy...
    Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
    Decide wisely...