Comparing columns and saving

matjazumatjazu Posts: 2
Hello.
I have some problems with project where I'm comparing just a few columns in a table. Let's say I select 5 of 20 columns in table for comparison. Compare then works OK, but when I try to use same project next time, columns selection is not saved ( for example 15 columns are selected, but usually not all, so it looks like program has saved something!). I think, that explicit saves doesn't exist?

Generally I think that lack of Open/Save commands is really bad idea. For example sometimes I want to make just temporary change in a project. Program now always saves your changes, so you don't have a possibility to discard changes after comparison.
(Sorry, but I hate programs that try to be smarter then a user, well this is of course especially true for Microsoft, but please don’t' follow their steps).

Thank your for help.

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback. You're not the first to point this out. We'll definitely try to improve this behaviour in future versions.

In the meantime, you could maybe clone the project before making the changes, so you can always return to the original project later on? This might not be ideal for you, but could prove to be a viable workaround.

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software