COM+ application has not loaded the .NET Framework

BushiBushi Posts: 11
I am trying to profile a Server application COM+ component.
The component "Business.Tier" has been written in C# and all references in this project are also written in C#.
When I take the snapshot I receive the following message dialog:

"The COM+ application Business.Tier has not loaded the .NET Framework. Please check that Business.Tier is a .NET application or one that hosts the Common Language Runtime. Please note that the COM+ application will not be loaded until the client application accesses it."

Please help me.

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

If the COM+ application has been loaded and there is a client using it and it is loading the .net runtime (managed code), then you should see snapshot results. You may want to check the event logs for entries from your application, as it could have crashed. One trick you may find useful is that the ANTS Profiler Service is actually trying to start the COM+ application. If you need to run the application as a specific (domain) user, than you will want to change the logon for the service to this account, otherwise the defaut is to run as LocalSystem.
  • How can I see events log?
  • i saw events log:
    this is the description:
    Unable to start profiler - exception details System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
    at ᐿ.ᐇ()
    at ᐿ.ᐁ()
    at ᐃ.ᐄ(IAsyncResult )
    Hello,

Can you please verify that the path to executable (the executable that you have specified as a test harness) is correct? If it's not that, ANTS Profiler must not be able to find dllhost.exe in your system file path.
  • You mean the executable used to call the COM+ dll?
    In Executable textbox of Client application pane I wrote the complete path D:\testFolder\bin\Debug\ClientApplication.exe

In arguments text box I left it empty.
    Hello,

Is this a 32-bit or a 64-bit server? The problem must be that ANTS can't start dllhost.exe. This could be because it's not in the folder location that we expect.
  • it is a 32 bit server.
    In the Windows task manager, appears the dllhost.exe with uppercase: DLLHOST.EXE
    Hi,

Is your copy of dllhost.exe in the %systemroot% folder? In other words, if you open a command prompt, and type cd %systemroot%, then dir dllh*.*, is dllhost.exe in the results?
  • no it is not there. "File not found"
    what should I do?
    Is the problem that dllhost is not in the folder, or that the %systemroot% environment variable isn't set?
  • the dllhost.exe is not in the folder. But in task manager window it appears.
    ANTS Profiler is looking in the system folder for it. In other words, it's trying to start %systemroot%\dllhost.exe and not finding it. Where is your copy of dllhost.exe?
  • I found dllhost.exe in C:\WINNT\system32 folder so I copied it to C:\WINNT\ folder and tried again but now I got the message:

The COM+ application Business.Tier has not loaded the .NET Framework. Please check that Business.Tier is a .NET application or one that hosts the Common Language Runtime. Please note that the COM+ application will not be loaded until the client application accesses it.
  • Was there ever a resolution to this issue? I am trying to use ANTS 2.71 under Windows 7 and am getting the same error message. I also am missing the dllhost.exe file in the system root folder, and get no change in behavious by copying it.
    I wouldn't make any bets that ANTS Profiler 2.71 would work at all on Windows 7. You can try demoing the latest version and see if it works, as it fully supports Windows 7.
  • ANTS Profiler must not be able to find dllhost.exe in your system file path. :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Learn Vietnamese online( free for all red-gate's members ):
    Lession 1: nho ninh thuận