Options

Overflow Error Generating Results

chriswellschriswells Posts: 5
edited January 16, 2007 12:20PM in ANTS Load
ANTS Load 1.75.0 BUILD 4
I have completed a 2 hour load test. Batch test from 150 to 600 Virtual Clients in steps of 150 with each individual test lasting 30 minutes.

I logged the following counters: -
./ANTS:Host\Sampled % CPU./ANTS:Host\Sampled available bytes./ANTS:Host\Sampled pages / sec./ANTS:Host\Virtual clientsapp2-epsilon/ANTS:Host\Sampled % CPUapp2-epsilon/ANTS:Host\Sampled available bytesapp2-epsilon/ANTS:Host\Sampled pages / secapp2-epsilon/ANTS:Host\Virtual clientscancer/ANTS:Host\Sampled % CPUcancer/ANTS:Host\Sampled available bytescancer/ANTS:Host\Sampled pages / seccancer/ANTS:Host\Virtual clientsAt the end of the test when I closed the Run Test window I got the following error: -

There was a problem generating the report. Please see the event log for more information.
Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.

Looking in the event log I found the following error message: -

Source: ANTS
Type: Error
EventId: 0
Description:
System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
at System.Convert.ToInt32(Double value)
at RedGate.Ants.Backend.ANTSApplication._1(String , Distribution[] , Int32[] , String , String& )
at RedGate.Ants.Backend.ANTSApplication.CreateReport(ResultsSets resultsSets)
at RedGate.Ants.ANTS.Startup.DisplayResults(ResultsSets results, String fileName)

Is there any way of recovering the results from this test?

Thanks

Chris

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Chris,

I’m sorry that this happened. The basic problem is that the part of ANTS Load that draws the graphs only supports int16 numbers, so any value larger than 65536 will cause this error. I don’t know of any way to recover the test results.

To prevent this, you can either omit these counters from the test, or scale them so that they are 1/100 the full value so that they will not get larger than the maximum value of a 16-bit integer.

The question I have for you is, do you really need these counters? The basic idea of these counters is to provide ANTS Load Distributed Test Service with a basis for how it will share the virtual client load in a distributed test. I don’t even think this information is 100% reliable, except for predicting how many virtual clients will be apportioned to a test host.

Please let me know if you have any further information.