Column rename just quits

bilmarbilmar Posts: 2
edited January 8, 2007 6:22AM in SQL Refactor Previous Versions
Refactor refuses to complete a column rename on a particular DB. - but table renames work fine.

I select the column - does not matter which one or type, and select Smart
rename. The dialog opens allowing me to choose the new name and when I click Next, the dialog 'thinks' for a couple of seconds and then closes.

Any ideas? Is there a Refactor log file somewhere on my machine to tell me what happened?

Bill

Comments

• bilmar wrote:
    Refactor refuses to complete a column rename on a particular DB. - but table renames work fine.

I select the column - does not matter which one or type, and select Smart
    rename. The dialog opens allowing me to choose the new name and when I click Next, the dialog 'thinks' for a couple of seconds and then closes.

Any ideas? Is there a Refactor log file somewhere on my machine to tell me what happened?

Bill

I've contacted you via a private message. It could be a bug, which we will try to fix.

Andras
    András Belokosztolszki, PhD
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
  • I'm having the same problem. Smart Rename works on the Tables but nothing happens when I try to rename a column.

Also, if the table or view has any extended properties, the script fails.
    Joel Reinford
    Data Management Solutions LLC
  • Hi, is there a hotfix or something for this? I'm having the same problem (SQL Refactor just quits upon column SmartRename attempt).

Thanks,

Mike
  • We are investigating this problem and plan to include a fix in the next patch release. In case you are experiencing this problem, please drop me a pm.

Andras
    András Belokosztolszki, PhD
    Red Gate Software Ltd.