Feature Request - Adding comments to sprocs on table split

monkeygrindmonkeygrind Posts: 40
edited November 29, 2006 4:32AM in SQL Refactor Previous Versions
I'm splitting a table via Refactor and it's pretty nifty - everything is clear and I dig the option to add a FK back to the original table automatically and the code generated to refactor the dependent sprocs is great (I appreciate the object owner prefix :) ).

One thing I was wondering if there was a way to have it automatically insert a comment into the affected programatic objects (sprocs, etc.), e.g. "Insert comment before AS". If I were to use these features sporadically it wouldn't be a chore to manually add comments to the resultant script, but if I were to use it regularly it might be a nifty feature to have.

Also, it would be great of the resultant script would honor the Lay Out SQL options I've set. Yes, I could do this via short cut keys and it's not critical or anything, but would be welcome if you could find the time to add it in.

FWIW, I found the automatic aliasing of new object references (e.g. tlLeft, t2Left) to be intuitive and don't feel any need to change.

Comments

• I'm splitting a table via Refactor and it's pretty nifty - everything is clear and I dig the option to add a FK back to the original table automatically and the code generated to refactor the dependent sprocs is great (I appreciate the object owner prefix :) ).

One thing I was wondering if there was a way to have it automatically insert a comment into the affected programatic objects (sprocs, etc.), e.g. "Insert comment before AS". If I were to use these features sporadically it wouldn't be a chore to manually add comments to the resultant script, but if I were to use it regularly it might be a nifty feature to have.

Also, it would be great of the resultant script would honor the Lay Out SQL options I've set. Yes, I could do this via short cut keys and it's not critical or anything, but would be welcome if you could find the time to add it in.

FWIW, I found the automatic aliasing of new object references (e.g. tlLeft, t2Left) to be intuitive and don't feel any need to change.

Hi,
    Many thanks for your feedback. We will consider the comments suggestion in a future release. Concerning applying lay out to the generated scripts we are looking into this already. We will try to include a solution for that in a future release.

Andras
    András Belokosztolszki, PhD
    Red Gate Software Ltd.