Changing Script Name Doesnt Change Script Name in Editor

AdamLAdamL Posts: 13
edited November 16, 2006 10:45AM in ANTS Load
I have an issue where I have recorded 15 Scripts as I recorded each script I have changed the names from the default Browse whatever to more relevant names. But when I go into the script editor it would appear that it has not only saved the scripts that I had removed but not renamed any of the scripts to the names I have changed them to.

Please help......

Thanks,

Adam

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Adam,

Yes, I know. The script management is ANTS Load is completely flaky. You have to remember to change the name of the 'class' in the script file if you change the name of the file in the project. This should get the ANTS Load script manager to properly correlate the script name with the file name.
  • Wow I am very dissapointed in the performance of Ants Load on a number of very simple cases. I guess I will just have to recreate all 15 Test Cases.

Thanks Again Brian
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    You don't have to recreate the test cases! Just change the class name to the same thing as the file name on the right. For instance if you rename the script from foo to bar, open the script editor and make sure that
    Public Class foo

becomes
    Public Class bar

Close the script editor. In the 'edit load' dialogue's composition tab, change the script name from 'foo' to 'bar'.
  • The problem is that I have like 20 Browse Client entries and I can tell them apart simply by looking at the generated script.