Truncating the logs?
Here's our current setup:
1) Full backup at 2:00 AM.
2) Hourly Log backups.
3) We truncate the logs after the full backup
But with SQL Backup Log shipping, I'm no longer sure whether we should truncate the logs. Here's our plan:
1) Full backup (with SQL Backup) at 2:00 AM.
2) Backup Logs for Log shipping hourly from 2:45 AM -> 00:45 AM.
3) Restore Logs on standby server hourly from 3:15 AM -> 2:15 AM.
1) Is it ok for us to truncate the logs after the full backup at 2:00 AM or will this break log shipping?
2) If we are not truncating the logs, how do we stop the logs from growing out of control (gigabytes and gigabytes of data)?