Options

Purchased Key but need instructions on what to do with it...

eyekroneyekron Posts: 13
edited November 3, 2006 12:11AM in SQL Toolkit Previous Versions
I've purchased a lic key to SQL Toolkit 5x and I'm trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do with this number, where I'm supposed to put it to get rid of the of nag message that pops up when I run my C# application that uses the API.

I've searched this here forum and the help file and all I'm find is thing that say:

"To use the command line utilities beyond the 14 day trial you will need to activate them with a SQL Toolkit serial number. The SQL Toolkit can be purchased by itself or as part of the SQL Bundle Develper Edition. SQL Toolkit searial numbers start with 008-. Note that you will not be able to use a SQL Compare, SQL Data Compare or SQL Packager serial number."

That's all fine and dandy, but now that I have a serial number what do I do with it to "activate" my API usage.

Can anyone here give me guidance, can't get anyone at Reg-Gate to call me back or answer my emails. Starting to get frustrated because my 14 day trial ended, and I have no instruction on what to do with the serial number I've purchased. The application I've been developing now no longer works because it's looking for valid serial number, but where is it looking? I'm at a development stand still until I can get some help.

Ideas? Directions? What am I missing? I've got a number but can't find where it's supposed to go. Help!

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Michael,

We had in fact contacted you on October 30 about this via email. I'm sorry if you didn't get that. Possibly the information went to your Yahoo address, as you have been writing us from both addresses.

The gist of the article that you had read, is that there is no 'permanent' activation of SQL Toolkit as there is with our other products. The API licence is applied to each assembly that you build. In other words, you need to enter the serial number each time you begin a new Toolkit project.

There are workarounds even for this. Once a Toolkit project is activated, a licence file (SQL Toolkit_v5.lic) is saved to your hard disk. Moving this file into the references path for any new project on the same machine should suppress the serial number requester and directly enter the licensing details from the licence file instead.

I hope this answers your questions.
  • Options
    Not quite what I was looking for. However, it turned out to be a very easy process, just not very clear in the help file or in your above answer. This is what I was looking for:

1) create your new project
    2) add RegGate values to the licx file
    3) save and compile
    4) a message box should pop up
    5) click the activate button on that message box
    6) enter your valid lic number in the edit box provided
    7) choose email or internet and continue
    8) upon success - a lic file has now been generated on this machine - nag screen is gone, continue coding.