WITH ENCRYPTION not being ignored when comparing

mcintyre321mcintyre321 Posts: 3
edited October 20, 2006 7:44AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I am comparing two databases which are identical except for WITH ENCRYPTION on some object. I have comments ignored and have set it to insert WITH ENCRYPTION, but it is showing the databases as different.

I want it to compare two databases without worrying about WITH ENCRYPTION being in there. I'm sure it did this in the old version...

compareproblemcs7.png

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

I don't believe that the options in SQL Compare have changed in this regard since the previous version. You just cannot ignore the fact that one object is encrypted, but the other is not. You do have the opportunity to specify an option to add WITH ENCRYPTION if you are going to migrate a function that is not encrypted and would like it to be created WITH ENCRYPTION.
  • any chance it could be added as a feature then? :)
  • Hi mcintyre321,

I think I have been able to reproduce your issue here, it appears there something strange happening with the ADD WITH ENCRYPTION option.

This might sound a bit strange but can I ask you what the result of comparing the databases the other way around? So that CGixLatest is on the left and CGiX6517 is on the right?

Regards,

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd