Scroll bars in results window don't work!!!

dsunburydsunbury Posts: 9
edited November 10, 2006 8:53PM in SQL Data Compare Previous Versions
Hi everyone - this one has me completely baffled.

Once SQL Data Compare finishes the comparison process between two databases it shows the results in the usual way, as in the example on the red-gate web site http://www.red-gate.com/products/SQL_Data_Compare/images/walkthrough/version5/screen6.gif

I then click on the object group bar to expland and display the different rows and I pretty much what the example of the red-gate website shows http://www.red-gate.com/products/SQL_Data_Compare/images/walkthrough/version5/screen7.gif

HOWEVER, when I try and scroll across the results (as there are over 20 columns) the scroll bar is completely greyed out! Even when I select floating to pop the results window up, still no scroll bar function - can someone please help??? :cry:

Comments

• Hi there,

Your screenshots do indeed look very strange. In the screenshot with the browser showing and no scroll bars the right edge of the window is missing, is there any reason for this or does it just happen as soon as you expand a group bar?

For the results screen this also looks very strange - do you definately have all of the columns mapped and included in the comparison (if you generate a script does it update all of the columns or just the ones you can see)?

Ctrl-Home, Ctrl-End, Ctrl - -> and Ctrl - <- should allow you to navigate the bottom grid with the keyboard.

Could you let me know what version of windows you are running this on and what theme etc you are running?

Many thanks,

- James
    --
    James Moore
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    James Moore
    Head of DBA Tools
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Hi James - the screens I am using are the ones on the red-gate web site just so people know what part of the process I am talking about. My screens look just fine and all the functionality works as it should. However I just cannot scroll horizontally to see all of the columns!
  • Hi,

Could you send me some screen shots of exactly what you see. My email address is james <dot> moore <at> red-gate.com.

Many thanks,

- James
    James Moore
    Head of DBA Tools
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • hi all

the problems is depending on the keys you use. the key fields are fixed on the left side and when you have to much key fields, there will be no space to show the other columns.

check it out by using the same table but just one or two fields for the key to compare.

hope it helps
    petro
  • Hi,

Thanks for describing the problem. We are aware of this bug, and it is earmarked as high priority to be fixed in a future release. In the meantime, there are a couple of workarounds that might work for you. You could either try resizing the comparison key columns to be smaller, until the scroll bar appears for the other columns, or you could try resizing the data compare window over two monitors, if you have this ability! Apologies for the trouble this has caused you!

Regards,

David
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software