Options

So you've given up on DTS compare?

dwainewdwainew Posts: 59 Bronze 4
edited November 23, 2006 10:39AM in DTS Package Compare 2
:cry:

I haven't heard a thing about my previous issues for seven MONTHS! There hasn't been an announcement on the forum for almost 9 MONTHS? :?

Occassionally, I drift back to the days when I dreamed this product would really work. Now that I have grown older and wiser, I realize some dreams were never meant to be..... :oops:

Since the dev cycle is completely stagnant on this product, have you ever considered releasing it to open source? I was hoping you would at least provide some API hooks with the dev kit so I could do some of my own work arounds...

Even though SQL 2005 is shiny, slick and new, SQL 2000 (and DTS) are still being used and will be for years to come.

This product had great potential and it's sad to see it go to waste.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Sorry, I don't see any open issues for you. If it was a feature request, that would explain why you've never heard from us, possibly.
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    I can tell you that there will not be another version of DTS Compare. If there is a need for a product to compare SSIS projects, this will be evaluated in the future and there could possibly be a new piece of software for SSIS. But given the differences in technology, there wouldn't be an upgrade to DTS Compare that works the same way with SSIS.
  • Options
    Hi there,

DTS Package Compre 2.1 will be released very soon. The new version incorporates some small bug fixes, and will run on Windows Vista. More importantly, the product will be completely free :D

Regards,

Tom Harris

Red Gate Software