Options

SQL BACKUP License Activation error

manumanu Posts: 4
edited October 6, 2006 8:38AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi,

My sql backup trial has expired. When i want to activate it with my "Serial Numbers for installation" on my invoice, this message appears :
"The activation request was not in the correct format [the root element is missing.]". I did a copy/paste :-(

Can u help me please.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    I assume that this happens during activation by email. Please make sure that you are copying the full text of the activation request into your email. You may also want to try using plain text email to avoid problems that may be caused by email formatting.
  • Options
    No sorry brian but it s during activation over internet :-(
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Okay, I know what the problem is. Sometimes the account for the SQL Backup Agent is insufficient or the SQL Backup Agent Service can't be started and SQL Backup tries to send an 'empty' request to the activation server. Try this:

Log on to the console of the SQL Server (sitting in front of it, remote desktop, etc). Use Windows Explorer to locate c:\program files\red gate\sql backup. Run ProductActivation.exe.
  • Options
    ok, thank you but i didn't wait your answer. I reinstall sql backup and the license activation over internet works now. bye
This discussion has been closed.