Options

TypeInitializationException during perf. profile, v2.7

Hi guys

I've upgraded to Ants Profiler 2.7, and now when I try to profile our .NET 2.0 desktop app, the process crashes with the following error:

System.TypeInitializationException was unhandled
Message: The type initializer for 'MyCompany.MyApplication.Client.Program' threw an exception.

It crashes before app initializes. Running the app by itself works fine, of course.

Also, running the app under the memory profiler works fine. Just the performance profiler is causing issues.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Judah,

Sorry to hear that this is not working out. Could you try a couple of things for me

1) Delete the .pdb file for the main application? This will stop AP from trying to profile line by line

2) Enable log files by creating the folder Logs where AP is installed?

3) Could you send corelog.txt to support@redgate.com ?

Regards,

Tom

Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    Ok Tom, the log files have been emailed to support.
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

Sorry, but the logs didn't reveal any cause for the problem. If we had a copy of your application, we could possibly help.
  • Options
    Hi Brian

For some reason, now when I start the profiler (memory or perf.) ANTS hangs for a few seconds, then dies.

I narrowed that problem down to my running ANTS unders a Windows XP Limited User Account. If I run ANTS under an admin account, I get different behavior: the app being profiled instantly dies.

Do you want me to enable logs and resend the logs while running under an admin account?
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Sure.

But I think it would be more helpful if we can get our hands on the application. In the first case, there is a problem getting profile started because of user rights. You've fixed that, but then are back to square-one with the application having a nasty allergy with regards to having its' IL instrumented.