SQL Backup not starting

Bart430Bart430 Posts: 13
edited September 15, 2006 11:27AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I am having a problem with SQL Backup not running. I restarted the SQLbackup service and it still won’t run. I can do a manual backup or use the Query Analyzer to run the same job script, but the scheduled job will not start. The jobs were running fine until last week. Nothing has changed as far as I know.

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    If you check the job history, did the job attempt to start at the scheduled time?
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Pete,
    There is no log for that day. The job did not even attempt to start. Could it be a permissions issue? Both SQL backup and MS SQL Agent are running. MSSQL Agent is running under the Admin account, not mine, but I am a administrator. The OS is Windows 2000 Server, SP4 and SQL2000 Standard.
  • peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    When a SQL Server Agent job runs, there should be at least an entry for the start of the job, followed by the log of the individual job steps. If there are no entries at all, perhaps the entire job is disabled, or the schedule is not set up right?
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Pete,
    I will double check, but the job was running fine last week and I didnt change anything.
  • Pete, I checked and everything is seems to be correct. I have 5 jobs scheduled, Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri, and Sat. All set to go off at 10 PM. None of them have run since last week. The jobs are all enabled and have no end date checked.