Unverifiable assembly 'RedGate.Licensing.Helper'

eric.stephanieric.stephani Posts: 4
edited September 11, 2006 1:08PM in SQL Toolkit Previous Versions
I am using the toolkit to create a ASP.NET page. I got the licenses.licx file working. When I build I prompts me to Activate or Skip. Once I click Skip it builds.

When I go to load my page in a broswer I get this error.
Configuration Error 
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Unverifiable assembly 'RedGate.Licensing.Helper' failed policy check.

Source File: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config    Line: 199 

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'RedGate.Licensing.Helper' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = RedGate.Licensing.Helper
 (Partial)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/DBMS Development/web/MIS/CompSvcs/dba/sqlsrvr/sqlcompare
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: RedGate.Licensing.Helper
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/mis_compsvcs_dba_sqlsrvr_sqlcompare/55732149/18b3403c/RedGate.Licensing.Helper.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/mis_compsvcs_dba_sqlsrvr_sqlcompare/55732149/18b3403c/RedGate.Licensing.Helper/RedGate.Licensing.Helper.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/DBMS Development/web/MIS/CompSvcs/dba/sqlsrvr/sqlcompare/bin/RedGate.Licensing.Helper.DLL.
LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
LOG: No redirect found in host configuration file (C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet.config).
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: RedGate.Licensing.Helper, Version=1.3.0.25, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57

Any idea? I have completely cleared my local machine policy and it still doesn't work.

Comments

• Hello Eric,

Sorry for the delay in answering this. I think that the main problem is you won't be able to get SQL Toolkit working in demo mode if you're referencing our assemblies inside a website or webservice project because the activation dialogue (windows form) needs to be displayed to allow you to input a serial number and web apps don't offer the facility to display a windows form.

The error message you get looks as if it can't locate or run the licensing helper assembly, and this is the assembly containing the activation dialogue. I'm saying, even if you fix this, you'll encounter the first problem, which manifests itself as an error message like 'unable to display a modal dialogue'.

The solution would be to get a serial number for SQL Toolkit, which isn't possible unless you purchase the product, unfortunately.