Not sending email notifications

rbaileyrbailey Posts: 15
edited August 22, 2006 3:53PM in Aardvark
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help.

Aardvark has been up and running for several months now without any problems, and it suddenly appears to have stopped sending out email notifications.

I have managed to track down the problem a bit.

I don't believe it is a problem with the service, as there is no XML files in the new queue or the failed folder.
If I copy an XML file to the new queue folder, this gets successfully emailed to my inbox and placed in the sent folder.

So I feel the problem is down to the creation of the XML files and putting them in the new queue folder.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

I will be very grateful for any help,

Thanks,

Richard.

Comments

  • Hi,

    does anyone have any ideas about this at all?

    We rebooted the server last night, and that doesn't appear to have fixed anything. I really have no idea what to try next.

    Regards,

    Richard.
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 New member
    Hello Richard,

    There are settings for the email queue folder in the registry:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Red Gate\Aardvark\New queue directory.

    Is this set correctly?

    More simply, is the Aardvark service running or is it stopped?
  • Strangely it has started working again. Nothing has changed since the server reboot yesterday at PM. It started working today at midday.
    I got bombarded with nearly 200 emails in my inbox, dating back to the 16/08/06 when it stopped.

    Yes, the Aardvark service was running and sending correctly.
    The new queue folder was correctly set in the registry.
    I haven't got any idea why it stopped or why it started again.

    Oh well, the fact it is working is good enough for now.

    Thanks anyway.

    Richard.
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 New member
    Hi,

    You might also want to check the 'errors email' setting in the registry; that way you'll get an email if there is a problem.

    It's also a good idea to tell Windows to restart the service in the Aardvark service settings when it stops for whatever reason.

    You can also check the Application log on the web server's event viewer for errors. If there is a serious error (ie. arithmetic conversion error), the error source could be 'VBRuntime' rather than Aardvark.

    Hope this helps!
Sign In or Register to comment.