Owner mapping in schema compare

mfarbsteinmfarbstein Posts: 5
edited August 5, 2006 1:19PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
In the Data Compare, one can map between objects that have different owners, which is a requirement in our environment. However, I cannot find a way to do the equivalent in the Schema Compare. Is this a possibility?

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

Yes! There is a Map Owners button in the bottom-left of the edit project window.
  • Thank you for prompt response.
    The source db (2000) has owner x for table a, and owner y for table b. The target db (2005) has schema y for table a, and schema y for table b.
    So the owner mapping looks like:
    x -> y for table a
    y -> y for table b
    The Schema Compare fails during the compare step with the error "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "table a". Key being added: "table a"."
    I think I've got that described correctly. I understand why the error occurs. I could fix this manually by externally changing the owners to be consistent. Having to fix it externally obviates the use of the Schema Compare program. A solution might be to be able to filter out the offending table so the compare completes for the remaining objects. Would appreciate your feedback and suggestions.
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    I haven't got any suggestions, but this is a known potential issue that can happen with the software, when you have two identically named tables with different ownership, then try to map these two owners together.
This discussion has been closed.