SqlBackUpC in 4.5?

colemancoleman Posts: 23
edited July 31, 2006 12:07PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
We just upgraded to 4.5 last Friday, and I just now realized that the backup job which depended on SqlBackUpC was failing. It seems like part of the upgrade removed or renamed the original SqlBackUpC executable. The only one that is in the directory now as a _debug extension and is showing a version of 3.2.0.5. Is this the correct SqlBackUP executable to use with 4.5 or should there be another one?

Edit:
Ok I found the 4.5 SQlBackUpC in the subdirectory named (local). But I've noticed that it says it is a 7 day trial version. Where do I get the non-trial version that goes with 4.5?

Edit 2:
Ok I figured it out, I didn't know there was a step to re-activate our license on the new version.

Thank you

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

SQL Backup 4.5 does come with a command line executable (SQLBACKUPC.exe). The other one you mentioned was probably installed as part of the process of resolving an issue you may have been having in a previous version. Like the name of the file says, it's for debugging. You should probably delete this one to prevent confusion in the future.