Options

Wanted, Web load tester.

inneedofspeedinneedofspeed Posts: 10
edited July 19, 2006 5:40PM in ANTS Load
We may need to make use of a web load testing expert for a week or two. The task will includes writing some automatic load tests and telling us how many users our system can cope with etc. The work will have to be done on site in Cambridge, as we expect to learn how to do it ourselves by working with the person.

If the person has used lots of different load testing tools so match the better, as they can then help us pick the tools.

Can anyone recommend someone? Please email me at "inneedofspeed at ringrose dot name"

(Anyone that phones me or email me at my normal email address will disqualify them selves from getting the work. If we go ahead I will of course let anyone that looks hopeful know the name of my employer and all the details.)

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

It would be nice if we did have a list of consultants that could come out on-site, as we are only capable here of supporting the software by email and telephone.

Load tests are notoriously difficult to set up, regardless of the tool, trust me! The problems creep in with viewstate and dynamic session IDs and dynamic hidden fields. These sorts of things need a knowledge of the scripting capability of the test application as well as in-depth knowledge of the web application itself!