Options

license activ. error : access violation in xp_sqlbackup.dll

tjanuariotjanuario Posts: 3
edited June 11, 2006 11:33PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I recently upgraded two production servers from sql2k to sql2k5. Both had licensed versions of SQL Backup on them. Our primary server is running with SQL Backup as before with no problems; however, our secondary server is now showing that it is running an expired trial (message is "SQL Backup 4.1.0.207 - Expired trial").

When I try to INSTALL/UPGRADE SERVICE COMPONENTS everthing works fine except that I get this message in the task list:
checking service application version Error

with the following message:
Execute interrupted by exception: Access violation at address 073C7F65 in module 'xp_sqlbackup.dll'. Read of address FFFFFFFC (0)

This also happens when I try to install the license key (which it already has) with the following message:
License activation error : Error validating activation response : Access violation at address 073C7F65 in module 'xp_sqlbackup.dll'. Read of address FFFFFFFC

-- On the secondary server --
Log shipping appears to be still be working (meaning that the jobs are not failing); however, upon inspection of the backup folders, the files logs are not being processed. I need to get this resolved asap because this is our standby/reporting server.

Comments