Options

Great product if you don't use comparison projects

Aaron SAaron S Posts: 11
edited June 20, 2006 11:44AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
SQL Compare 5.1 is a great product. I really like it except for one thing: comparison projects are user-unfriendly. Please go back to the way it was before on those! They are a real headache now. Other than that, keep up the GREAT work!

Aaron

Comments

• Options
    Hi Aaron,

Which particular aspect of the comparison projects do you find a headache? I'd like to better understand your issue so that in the furute we may be able to do something about it, or offer out some kind of workaround.

Thanks and regards,

Dom
    Usability Engineer
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    Hi Dom,

Sorry it took so long for me to get back with you. At this point I have three problems with the comparison projects:

1. I am unable to specify the location on disk to which I would like the projects saved. This prevents me from organizing my projects in folders and from placing them in a location that gets backed up to tape. I have to copy them there manually any time they are changed.

2. A project is automatically created for me every time I perform a comparison. What if I don't want one created? New projects clutter up my already-unorganized (see #1) projects.

3. When I use a database snapshot in a project and that snapshot file changes location or name, even though the project is still on disk I cannot access it in any way shape or form to point to the new location or name of the snapshot. It is "lost" unless I put things back the way they were originally.

Aaron
This discussion has been closed.