Options

Manually match two tables

Johan Van HoyeJohan Van Hoye Posts: 12
edited June 2, 2006 4:57AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I'd like to be able to "tell" the comparison engine that a table exists both in source and in destination databases but has a different name.
This is to avoid objects showing up as "New" on the one side and "Obsolete" on the other side.

e.g. when t_customers has been renamed to t_customer I'd like to be able to match these two sql objects although they appear to have a different name.
Cheers,
Johan

Comments

• Options
    I'd like to be able to "tell" the comparison engine that a table exists both in source and in destination databases but has a different name.
    This is to avoid objects showing up as "New" on the one side and "Obsolete" on the other side.

e.g. when t_customers has been renamed to t_customer I'd like to be able to match these two sql objects although they appear to have a different name.

In our current version of SQL Compare we do not support mapping objects with completely different names. We have introduced experimental support for owner mappings, so you could compare objects with different fully qualified names, but with matching object names (e.g. dbo.mytable with someuser.mytable). I have added your request to our list of features that we consider in our future development.

Regards,
    Andras
    András Belokosztolszki, PhD
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
This discussion has been closed.