CMS Support

Hi

Does the ANTS Profile work for MCMS sites?

I tried and the site didn't respond, is there a way to set it up to use MCMS sites?

Thanks
Saul

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Saul,

We haven't tested it here, but with Content Management, as with SharePoint, it's normally problematic because of permissions. ANTS Profiler uses the ANTS Profiler Service to lounch a web application, so if that service is configured to run as LocalSystem, the web application will be profiled as LocalSystem, circumventing your AppPool security, which may be a domain account. You may need a domain account to access network resources, so you may be able to get to it work by matching the logon for the ANTS Profiler Service to the one configured in your CMS web application's AppPool.
  • I changed the security on my box, but when I try access the site, I get a HTTP 400 - Bad Request.

Any ideas of what I should look at to solve?

Thanks
    Saul
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Saul,

Sorry, I don't know. Maybe you could compare the requests using Windows' Network Monitor tool and try to work out what ANTS Profiler is doing to the requests. Otherwise we need to do some testing here to see if we can get it to work.