SQLBackup 4.1 License Activation Error

AlanMullockAlanMullock Posts: 8
edited May 8, 2006 7:02AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
When trying to active my installed copy of SQLBackup, i have entered the activation code entered in the email and clicked on next to install the licence.

However i receive the message back:
Cannot create the file "c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\red gate\licenses\sql backup_v4_0.lic" The System cannot find the path specified.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Alan.

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Could you pls create the folder (c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\red gate\licenses\) prior to activating the license?

Are you using the ProductActivation application?

Thanks.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Created the licenses folder manually as suggested.

The error message changed to "Cannot create file" "Access is denied".

SQLBackup is configured to start as Local System and I am logged on as a Local Adminsitrator.
    (Just to check, I started the service with my account, still received the error message).

I guess I'm missing a little something any suggestions as to what?

Thanks,
    Alan.
  • peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Was the license file created in the folder? If not, then there's possibly a write restriction to that folder on the LocalSystem user. You could also try creating the license file yourself. Open notepad, copy the contents of the activation text you received via email, and save the file as sql backup_v4_0.lic to that folder.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • I'd come to the same conclusion about the write restriction, but partially set it aside due to the fact that the log files where still being created under the same folder structure.

Anyhow, manually creating the .lic file worked and after a service restart the installation is now showing up as registered, so that's good enough for me.

Once again, thanks for your assistance Pete.

Alan.