Options

Issues with VS2013 Extension Auto Decompile

EricESwansonEricESwanson Posts: 2
edited September 5, 2014 4:37AM in .NET Reflector Previous Versions
Hello,

I am experiencing a number of issues with the .NET Reflector 8.3.3.115 version of the Visual Studio 2013 Extension.

1. "Go To Decompiled Definition" does not do anything from the right-click context menu. However "Go To Definition" does what I expected "Go To Decompiled Definition" when "GoToDefinition (F12)" is enabled. "Go To Decompiled Definition" does nothing regardless of "GoToDefinition (F12)" state.

2. The plugin always decompiles into C#. Is there an option to change this default? When I have Visual Basic selected in the "Generate PDB" screen, "Go To Definition" will still use the C#. It will create a C# version of the assembly even though there is a VB version already in the cache.

Thank you for your help!

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi Eric,

Thanks for your post! Regarding the issues..

1) Can you kindly double check that you were using "Go to decompiled definition" on code that was generated by .NET Reflector (it should have a comment of "Generated by Reflector.." at the top)? While "Go to definition" should always work, "Go to decompiled definition" will only work on Reflector generated code (on other code, Reflector is unable to know the function under the cursor and cannot go to the decompiled definition for it).

2) Reflector should normally open the source in the language of the currently opened project. However, for VB sites, the default decompile language is set to C# (there are some technical limitations that makes it this way.) It sounds like you already did this, but if you instead first go to .NET Reflector>generate pdb files and choose the VB compilation language, then that should allow you to view the code in VB. You do first need to completely clear the cache though, making sure that the MethodLocations.db file in there is also cleared so that Reflector will stop opening the C# version.

Hope that information helps!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?