after update latest version getting error RedGate.Shared.Uti

BellisioBellisio Posts: 26
edited September 25, 2014 9:15AM in SQL Doc
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly RedGate.Shared.Utils, Version=9.5.0.875, etc. Started getting this since I upgraded my SQL Doc as prompted, 3.0.2.246.
any way to fall back from that update?
or fix this error?

Comments

• never mind. I did brute force - uninstalled all my redgate tools, then reinstalled and the error has gone away.
  • Continuation - we are now getting APPCRASH in RedGate.SQLDoc.UI.exe, fault module name = libcef.dll, exception code = c0000005, exception offset 00f8be0f. every time we do a save to the database. I have investigated if this is a permissions issue, it is not, I am SA on the server and have all permissions. I have investigated if it is due to project being located on network drive, it is not, I moved to my C drive and still get the error. Even though error is reported each time I save, the DB is updated, so we are just ignoring this but it is very annoying.
  • Hi Bev,

I'd like to take this case offline to do some additional troubleshooting with you. I will respond to you through the case.

Best Wishes,

Rick
    Ricky Ram
    Technical Support
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
  • I am also getting the System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly RedGate.Shared.Utils, Version=9.5.0.875, etc error after the recent upgrade. Is there a fix for this yet?
  • I've had the same problem. (posted it in the SQL-Prompt section).

I could solve the problem by uninstalling all SQL-Doc Versions (2 and 3). Afterwards I installed Version 2.0 and did an update to the most current Version 3.

That worked for me.

Cheers,

Thorsten
  • Hi Thorsten

That stopped the error appearing, but SQL Test & SQL Search disappeared. After an uninstall and reinstall of both, followed by a repair installation of SSMS Integration Pack 1 and SSMS Integration Pack Framework 1 everything is back working again.

Thanks for your help!

Kevin
  • I have also had this problem and I do not see an updated version on the website nor does Check for Updates find a new version out there.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: RedGate.SQLDoc.UI.exe
    Application Version: 3.0.2.246
    Application Timestamp: 53c6930d
    Fault Module Name: libcef.DLL
    Fault Module Version: 3.1650.1567.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 52d99f6f
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00f8be0f
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.16.7
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
  • Hi all,

Apologies for the problems faced here. The simplest solution to this for anybody else hitting it is:

1. Goto "Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features"
    2. Locate and click on "SSMS Integration Pack Framework 1"
    3. Right click and choose "Repair"

Thanks to Patrick for sharing this here:
    http://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/vi ... hp?t=23346

We're working on fixing this properly, in the meantime please do let us know if the steps don't work for you.

Michael
  • This issue has now been fixed properly, in 3.0.3.9 of SQL Doc. You can get this release via Check for Updates.

Alice.