Table Creation Order IRT Foreign Keys?

DavidPDavidP Posts: 3
edited January 20, 2015 12:12AM in SQL Dependency Tracker
First off, wow! I put a set of tables that I've known for a long time into the tool and seeing the balloon graph made me see them in a whole new light. Great job.

Can the tool tell me in what order my tables need to be created in order to accomdate foreign keys? I'm generating schema creation scripts and don't feel like manually rearranging the tables so that the script runs correctly.

Thanks!

Comments

• I dont think that SQL Dependency Tracker can do this easily (I'm sure Dan will confirm this or tell you how to achieve what you want later on) however you might want to look at our SQL Compare Tool (http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql_compare/index.htm). If you compare your current database against an empty database it will create a schema creation script for you with all of the dependencies in the right order.

SQL Data Compare can be used to migrate the data.

Hope this helps and glad you like the tool!

- James
    --
    James Moore
    Red Gate Software
    James Moore
    Head of DBA Tools
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • That does look like a good fit. Thanks!
  • A quick way of setting the colour shemes for object types would be good for me. e.g Set All Stored Procs to be Red Filled, Tables to Blue in Global Options.. I've not found a quick way to do it yet.
    kaleem