Options

Highlighting (feedback)

jsreynolds1jsreynolds1 Posts: 82 Silver 1
edited August 21, 2014 12:42PM in SQL Prompt
I'm using the latest beta. I just had to point out that when I use something like the new insert semicolons or (more frequently) the qualify object names, the highlighting of changes is bloody brilliant.

I hope that kind of trend continues because it makes understanding what happens in the code (sometimes off-screen) so much easier... it actually also helped me catch an issue with sql prompt yesterday (which I filed) that I would have had to stumble on the hard way otherwise.

Great work, thank you for your efforts.

Best,

John

Comments

• Options
    Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Thanks for the feedback John! :)

This actually came about from an offhand comment while we were demoing the insert semicolons feature but we found it could be useful anywhere that we change the script (and it makes our lives easier while testing too)

Out of curiosity, do you primarily use the qualify object names feature for adding in qualification or for adding/removing square brackets?

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • Options
    Aaron,

For older code I run across, the qualify name feature is very helpful. For newer code, we tend to insert the square brackets. In fact, it's just pretty much "what we do" in order to not encounter all kinds of issues, including that with returning result sets for reporting.

Best,
    John