Uninstall .NET Reflector Visual Studio addins only

Simon MourierSimon Mourier Posts: 3
edited August 18, 2014 1:53PM in .NET Reflector Previous Versions
Hi,

I want to keep .NET Reflector on my PC (running V8.3.3.115) but I also want to remove all addins that are installed in my Visual Studio (I have 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2013 installed). It bothers me and sucks my PC's memory.

I've checked the old forums messages. I've tried the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\.NET Reflector\Desktop 8.2\reflector.exe /unregister" command line (running as Administrator or not) but it does not seem to do anything. I also have unchecked the box in Tools / Options / Windows Integration, same story.

How can I do this? I could hack VS's registry keys, but I'd like to avoid that.

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi Simon,

Thanks for your post!

For the newer versions of VS, you should actually be able to uninstall the Reflector extension straight from Visual Studio.

- For VS 2010 - Tools > Extension Manager
    - For VS 2012 & 2013 - Tools > Extensions and Updates

For VS 2008, can I just make sure--is the .NET Reflector add-in installed there? (For version 7.6+, you would have had to install the "sunset build" of Reflector to get the Reflector add-in in VS 2008). If so, there are two different ways to uninstall the sunset build:

* Use the add-in manager functionality in Visual Studio by going to Tools > Add-in Manager and unchecking the .NET Reflector add-in
    * Run .NET Reflector V7.5 and go to Tools > Integration options and uncheck the Visual Studio integration for VS 2008

Hope this helps!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Hi,

It worked fine, thanks! I should have thought about the Extension Manager by myself :)

No problem with VS 2008, it's not installed in there.
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    No worries, I'm so glad to hear that info helped! :)

Please let us know if anything else comes up.

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?