Options

Licensing question

pawanchepawanche Posts: 2
edited May 9, 2006 1:31PM in SQL Toolkit Previous Versions
SqlCompare Toolkit
I have included the licenses.licx file in the project and added the necessary entries in there. Once i ran the application it popped a message saying I need to activate the copy and i did with the serial number. it works fine now.

Now i tried to redistribute, i copied the bin folder which included the .exe file, RedGate.SQL.Shared.dll and RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.dll, it is throwing a "Unhandled Exception: System.ComponentModel.LicenseException: You do not have a v
alid license for the SQL Comparison and Synchronization Toolkit".

I tried copying the Redgate.licensing.client and redgate.licensing.helper dll to the bin folder, now again it asks me for activation.

How can i override that, because i donot want to put the license everytime i distribute it.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

If you're having this issue, chances are the licensing didn't work properly in the first place. The licensing should embed itself into the assembly that you produce. Strangely, if you had got the licensing to ask for a serial number during the build process it sounds like it should have been successful.

The bottom line is that you should probably open the compiled assembly in notepad and search for your toolkit serial number. If it's in there, you shouldn't worry about the error happening when you deploy the application.