Options

General Integration of Packager with SCM Processes

kinneavy-jkinneavy-j Posts: 2
Greetings,

My organization is new to SQL Packager and while we very much like the capabilities to create auto installation packages, I'm having a little difficulty figuring out how to integrated it into our SCM process. We have just started using AccuRev (not that the tool should matter) and I would like to ensure that their is consistency between the objects that existing in any stream (branch) in the SCM tool and what is in the database for any given environment (QA, Prod). At the same time, the ease of creating distribution packages is very enticing.

I would be very interested to hear what people's experience in using this with SCM.

Thanks

James
James Kinneavy
Manager, Software Engineering and Architecture
Student Information Systems & Technologies
University of California, Santa Barbara

Comments

• Options
    TilmanTilman Posts: 395 Bronze 2
    Hi,

There are 2 ways you can automate SQL Packager:

1. The command line version,
    2. The SQL Toolkit API,

You get trial versions of both when you download SQL Bundle. The command line version is currently part of the SQL Packager license. The SQL Toolkit is a seperate product which allows automating all the SQL Bundle products. Have a look at the SQL Bundle help for more information. The help isn't totally up to date (fixed in next version), so let us know if you have any questions.

Hope that answers your question.

Tilman
  • Options
    TilmanTilman Posts: 395 Bronze 2
    Hi again,

it has been pointed out to me, that the SQL Packager command line is part of the SQL Packager Pro version, not the standard version.

Sorry about that,

Tilman