Options

way state information works

psabbanipsabbani Posts: 5
edited May 11, 2006 11:38AM in ANTS Load
Hi,
Can somebody explain me how the state information works.
I have put like 5 rows of data for userid and password information.
And I have used the state information in the script.
eg:WebClient.HttpRequest.AddPostData("txtUserName", Me.StateInformation.Get("username"))

But how does the ants load take it.
If I run for 5 virtual clients, then does each client runs five times with five sets of data or one user run using one set of data. how does it work?.
Please explain.
Thanks In advance.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

Thanks, this is a good question.

ANTS Load virtual clients each run in their own thread. Part of the thread startup code is to load the script that the virtual client will run and one line of its' state information, if any is present.

What happens, then, is that one particular row of state information is attached to the virtual client and is used for as long as the thread runs. It doesn't matter how many times the script loops; it will use the same state information on each loop of the Run() method.

The only way to get a new row of state is to stop the thread. You may find that batch tests are good for this, as they ramp up and down. When a new thread is started as part of adding a new virtual client, a new rows of state information is attached to the virtual client.
  • Options
    Hi,

I there any way to pick the next available row for stateinformation per iteration.

And also how can I specify how many iteration i want to run. I am able to see the way to set for a desired duration.

Thanks in advance

Ajay