Search not returning any results

rejrej Posts: 3
edited April 18, 2006 9:30AM in SQL Log Rescue
Hi, I'm running Log Rescue version 1.0.0.1044 and have a problem searching for entries. Whatever I search for is never found, even if I search for some text that I know does exist and that there is a trasnaction for.

I always get the message "No log entries found matching specified search criteria or no data to display" displayed in the middle of the transation list box.

If I click on "clear results" I can see all the transactions in the database, including the one I search for so I know it exists!

This happens if I simply run log rescue against a live database or also include backup log and transation log files.

Any suggestions welcome! Is there any new version or patch that I need to apply?

Regards,

-Richard Jones

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello Richard,

If you did more than one search, did you remember to clear the results first? The searches are cumulative in the sense that you search for something and get a set os results, then when you search again, you're searching only the previous search results.
  • Yep, I did a clear results each time. It's just strange that the search returns no results at all even though the text is clearly in the transaction log.

Is there any newer version that I can try?

-Richard