Options

Pre deployment script

senthildekumarsenthildekumar Posts: 6
edited August 6, 2014 9:11AM in Deployment Manager
Hi All
There are some scripts that I want to execute manually before the Deployment manager performs a schema compare. For instance there could be some large index rebuilds that needed to be performed which takes a long time to complete. Will it be possible for me to specify them as part of pre-deployment so that the deployment manager executes these scripts and then perform the schema compare and deploy the rest of the changes.
Regards
Senthil

Comments

• Options
    Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

You can run custom PowerShell scripts before, during and after deployments. Basically you need to add PowerShell scripts to your NuGet package with certain names. Deployment Manager then calls the script as part of a deployment.

To find out more about this: http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... deployment

Does this solve your problem?

Chirayu
    Chirayu Shishodiya
    Software Engineer - Deployment Manager
    Red Gate
  • Options
    Thanks for the response Chirayu..

To confirm if I have made some scripts that creates indexes and add it as part of powershell scripts that are to be executed before deployment then that will be ignored when Deployment Manager creates its own script for deployment meaning the index I had added will not be part of the script that is generated by deployment manager..
    Regards
    Senthil