Tab History - Crashing

howarthcdhowarthcd Posts: 70 Bronze 3
edited July 22, 2014 4:19AM in SQL Prompt
I recently opened a large (16MB) SQL script in SSMS 2014 and now whenever I try to view the Tab History SQL Prompt (6.3.0.354) crashes with an out of memory error and the Tab History window remains empty.

Presumably the large file is stored in the Tab History's db file and is causing the application to error when reading the content due to its size. I had to manually edit the xml configuration file as SSMS continually crashed upon opening as SQL Prompt was attempting to restore the open tabs.

Is there are way that I can manually remove the rogue entry from the db file as the history file contains items that I wish to retain?

Thanks
Chris

Comments

• howarthcdhowarthcd Posts: 70 Bronze 3
    Actually, I've managed to sort this out myself by downloading a copy of SQLite Database Browser and removing the problematic entries from the Document and DocumentVersion table.

All is now well.
  • Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi Chris,

I'm glad you were able to solve this so quickly - I think you may have found the best way to remove a single tab without being able to access the UI!

We've included an option to limit the maximum size of a tab that the tab history feature will try to save in our 6.4 beta which defaults to 1MB and will hopefully avoid such situations in the future.

Thanks,
    Aaron.