Options

SQL Logins Comparisions

davebublitzdavebublitz Posts: 12 Bronze 2
edited April 14, 2006 11:09AM in SQL Data Compare Previous Versions
I am getting the following error when I setup a project configuration and go from the Data Sources to Tables & Views tab (or any other tab):

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "BUBLITZD" Key being added: "BublitzD".

I have to cancel and cannot compare the databases. The BUBLITZD login is a standard SQL login and the BublitzD is a windows user login. This is a case sensitive instance of SQL Server 2000. Server collation is Latin1_General_BIN. This compare works fine with SQL Data Compare Version 3.3.7.256 but does not work with SQL Data Compare 5 version 5.0.0.2092.

Thanks,
Dave

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Can you get to the options tab and change the 'ignore case' setting? Or does the error message make this impossible?
  • Options
    Brian,
    I can get to the options tab and the 'ignore case' option is already checked.
    Dave
  • Options
    Hi,

I am not an expert of course, but I think unchecking "Ignore case" makes more sense !

Best regards,
    Dirk
  • Options
    I get the same results either way.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Options
    Hi Dave,

In SQL 2005, you may be able to stop this by using 'Ignore User Properties'. If this doesn't work, let me know and I'll open a job for it. Apparently it's comparing user names case-sensitively and I don't think it should be doing that.

BTW -- I'm assuming this is a SQL Compare problem and not a Data Compare problem!
  • Options
    Hi Brian,

I found the problem in the SQL Data Compare product but did duplicate the issue in the SQL Compare product. I can check the "Treat items as case sensitive" box under Behavior in the Options tab using SQL Compare and the compare will complete successfully so I guess there is no problem in SQL Compare. However, I don't see an "Ignore User Property" option in the SQL Data Compare product and this is the product we use the most.

Yes, it appears to not be checking the case sensitivity for user names and it needs to check case. Perhaps Ignore case needs to be added to the Comparison Behavior section under the Options Tab when a Project is configured in SQL Data Compare? Does this mean you will open a job to fix the issue?

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Options
    Hi Dave,

There is also an ignore case option on Data Compare. You can get to it by editing your project and clicking the options tab. This pretty much does the same thing and does apply especially to the schema mapping.
This discussion has been closed.