SSC Vault Disconnect Error

TheSQLGuruTheSQLGuru Posts: 78 Silver 2
Have SSMS open and connected to SourceGear Vault 7.1.0 all on local laptop. SSC 3.6.7.246 has connected to vault for a database under source control.

If Vault services are bounced (IIS reset, website restart, etc) SSC throws the following error (repeatable) when you open the add-in Commit Changes tab. I think it should seamlessly reconnect to Vault (assuming it is running, which in my case it was) and carry on about it's business. Once I get this error I seem to be unable to use SSC again until I restart SSMS, which is REALLY inconvenient! Oh, just noticed that I get the same error when I try the Get Latest tab.

VaultServiceAPILib.VaultSoapException: 1011 : FailInvalidSessionToken
at VaultService.VaultServiceSystem.ValidateToken(VaultAuth va)
at VaultService.VaultService.GetRepositoryStructure(Int32 nRepID, Int64 nBaseRevision, Int64 nTargetRevision, VaultDateTime dtLastClientSecurityCheck, VaultDateTime& dtLatestServerSecurityCheck, Int64& nReturnTargetRevision, VaultRepositoryDelta& rd, Boolean bUseDBDeltaOnCacheMiss)
Kevin G. Boles
SQL Server MVP 2007-2012
Indicium Resources, Inc.

Comments

• Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Thanks for your post.

When you get this exception do you get an option to send error report?

If you get it can you please submit the error report and make sure you enter the email address 'gcase@lmi.org' in the email address textbox?

Please let me know once you submit the report.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • TheSQLGuruTheSQLGuru Posts: 78 Silver 2
    I have emailed the error report before, but just did it now. I also note that the "complete error message" that can be shown on the bottom pane seems to have much more detail to it. I have emailed you a screenshot with that information in case it is helpful.
    Kevin G. Boles
    SQL Server MVP 2007-2012
    Indicium Resources, Inc.