SQL 2005

spireitespireite Posts: 25
edited April 6, 2006 10:38AM in SQL Toolkit Previous Versions
I've emailed support separately on this, however, it would be of interest to other 2005 users to know....

Whats the likeliehood of the products supporting database mirroring in SQL2005. Specifically, I'm have a server running SQL2000, but the destination being a SQL2005 mirrored database. For this to work, you'd need to allow the user to enter two destination server names. Primary, and Failover. The database name of course will be consistent. The Toolkit/Commandline would attempt to connect to primary first, and should that fail, try to copnnect to the Failover Partner. 5 attempts each should be enough...

Be great if you can get this in, unless it already does it and I missed it?

P.S. I am aware that DB Mirroring is technically 'in beta' still.

Comments

• Hi

This would be a useful inclusion n the product but including intelligence into the software would potentially “bloat” it and also redirect the application away from the foundations of comparing databases.

I have not looked into the database mirroring feature extensively but if you have the mirror as an alias that is switched automatically this would produce the results you require. How would an application know which server to look at?

Regards
    Dan
    Daniel Handley
    Red Gate Software Ltd