Script folder contains circular object references

DamianWiseDamianWise Posts: 18 Bronze 2
I've been getting this error on several copies of a database that I have. The error can be intermittent - I can unlink and then relink to the svn repository and get different results. I can have one database linked to the repository and it works and I can have another database linked to the same repository and I get this error.

This is making using SQL Source control useless.

Anyone have any ideas.

Damian

Comments

• Hi Damian,

I see you previously had a ticket open with my colleague Evan about a similar problem last year - has this issue been ongoing since then, or has it just started cropping up again recently?

Ideally, to properly troubleshoot this we'd need a copy of the latest revision of your repository and a backup or SQL Compare snapshot of your database - if you feel comfortable providing that, could you email it to support@red-gate.com and quote ticket number #22352? If you need, we can set up an FTP area for large files. Thanks for your help with this!
    Andy Campbell Smith

Red Gate Technical Support Engineer
  • DamianWiseDamianWise Posts: 18 Bronze 2
    Andy,

This has been a continuous problem, and the use of SQL Dependency Tracker didn't yield any results, so I've been limping along using SQL Compare 10. I really need a solution to this, so I appreciate your help. I have even been toying with the idea of using some other SQL source control technique, though I'm not quite there yet. I will be emailing you a SQL Compare snapshot and a zip of the svn repository.

Damian