Options

SQL Data Replication

Respected Sir,

I am new here and writing first time. Please help me out. I am very good in SQL Server. Now my problem is that I have SQL Server 2000 merge Data replication server is there and local SQl Server 2000 subcriber getting data very good. But I want to send my data Internationally for that i make ipsec vpn between kuwait to egypt and try to replicate but not success than I try to replicate it with ftp but still fail. So I was finding some solution rather than microsoft. I see your SQL Server Tool can this is useful same I want. Can it can be done over internet I have Public IP at both side. It will do automatic syncronization...

Please tell me

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

There is a schema compare and data compare product, for synchronizing schema and data respectively. It can't really replace merge replication, though: it will overwrite the data on the destination database with the data from the source database.
  • Options
    Hi Brian,

What's the status on comparing a non replicated database with a replicated database? I need to have a solution for this asap. My customers are using Replication now, and I have to update their database...

Greetings,
    Sigurd
  • Options
    Hi Sigurd,

SQL Compare can't synchronize replicated databases because it will not allow columns to be dropped, for instance. Data Compare should work alright as far as I know, unless you attempt to synchronize columns that are used internally for replication.

As far as I know there isn't any work being done at this point in time for either product to address this.
  • Options
    Hey Brian,

Could you add a feature to ignore the rowguid columns? This should help a lot already. off coarse the option for column order must be disabled then.

Greetings,
    Sigurd
  • Options
    Hello Sigurd,

The whole issue of replication is already in the suggestion box. I don't know when and if we'll see a resolution for it.
This discussion has been closed.