SQL Prompt changes content when hit space or =

damibaldamibal Posts: 5
edited June 5, 2014 6:37AM in SQL Prompt
Hi,

I have been using SQL Prompt for quite a bit. Recently using a new pc. Installed in new pc and now every time I hit 'space' or '=' it add non sense content to my queries.

I have 'space', unchecked under options.

For example:

I write
"JOIN dbo.Condition_Base"
then hit space and get:
JOIN dbo.Last_Number ._Base

It is driving me nuts as I have to re-change big part of the script just for that.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks,

Comments

• Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi damibal,

I haven't seen this before and I'm not quite sure what'd cause it!

Does this happen every time or is it random? Would you be able to do a remote session so we can see the behaviour and try to narrow down what could be causing it?

And just to check, do you have any other addins installed?

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your reply. I am happy to do a remote session. It is not random and happens all the time. Not any other addins installed at all.

How do we proceed for the remote session? I am in EST time zone.

Thanks a lot!

Daniel
    Hi Daniel,

I've just sent you an email to the address you have registered to arrange the remote session.

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • Aaron, thanks a lot for your help on this issue.

You have proven to be technically knowledgeable with an amazing customer support.

Cheers,

Daniel
  • Just so everybody knows, the fix was to disable Auto list members, and Parameter information from MS SQL Server native IntelliSense under

Options > Text Editor > Transact-SQL

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Daniel
    Thanks for posting the solution Daniel!

We have been investigating better ways to ensure the built in SSMS IntelliSense is disabled while Prompt is providing suggestions, we think we've got something that'll hopefully help avoid others running into the same issue. We plan to include this in our beta within the next few days.