Options

SSMS 2008 R2 - No Button for SQL Search on Red Gate Toolbar

JimHJimH Posts: 3 Bronze 1
edited October 2, 2014 5:55AM in SQL Search
Hi,

Cannot seem to find any way to run SQL Search afer upgrade to SQL Search 2. I have uninstalled, re-installed several times over past weeks and followed other suggestions on removing registry keys etc, but the SQL Search button no longer appears on the Red Gate tool bar.

SSMS Version: 10.50.4290.0
Win 7 OS Version: 6.1.7601
SQL Srearch 2 Version: 2.0.1.30
I also have latest full installation of SQL ToolBelt installed

The Red Gate Tool bar only has buttons for SQL Source Control and Tab History.

Please advise on how to fix this issue or let me know where I can download SQL Search 1

Regards.

Comments

• Options
    JimHJimH Posts: 3 Bronze 1
    Issue resolved by running repair on SSMS Integration Pack Framework 1.
  • Options
    domagerdomager Posts: 6 New member
    JimH wrote:

Thanks Jim, yes I just managed to get it working too, by uninstalling SSMS Integration Pack Framework 1 and SQL Search and reinstalling. The toolbar now appears in both. I would imagine the repair would of done the trick too.
  • Options
    JimH wrote:

I'd love to do this, but the only option I have for SSMS Integration Pack Framework in "Add or Remove Programs" is "Remove". There is no "Repair". Where did you find "Repair" at?
  • Options
    jsreynolds1jsreynolds1 Posts: 82 Silver 1
    I can confirm that running repair on the aforementioned items seems to do the trick. Something fouled up my installation from the last SQL Toolbelt upgrade I performed. Now back to normal.
  • Options
    JimH wrote:

I'd love to do this, but the only option I have for SSMS Integration Pack Framework in "Add or Remove Programs" is "Remove". There is no "Repair". Where did you find "Repair" at?

Go to the Control PanelAll Control Panel ItemsPrograms and Features choose the SSMS Integration Pack Framework
    and push the right mouse button. In the context menu you will find "repair".
    :D