Options

Automation Error.

alampealampe Posts: 2
edited March 25, 2006 8:13PM in Aardvark
This problem pertains to Aardvark in a Box Gold, version 1.1.5, running under IIS6 on Windows Server 2003.

Today, the attachments.asp page began throwing the following error when anyone tried to add an attachment to a bug:

"Aardvark error '8007045a'
Automation error A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
/attachments.asp, line 114 "

Line 114 reads: sHoldingPath=obBugs.HoldingPathEx(obSession.Session("CompanyID"),true)

Can you offer any insight into what might be failing? I have monitored the registry and filesystem calls during a request and haven't seen anything out of the ordinary.

In the interim, I implemented the following workaround, which allows users to upload attachments. Obviously, I would rather fix the issue than work around it so any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

on error resume next
sHoldingPath=obBugs.HoldingPathEx(obSession.Session("CompanyID"),true)
if( err.number <> 0) then
err.clear
on error goto 0
sHoldingPath=obBugs.TemporaryPath
else
on error goto 0
end if

Alan

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Alan,

It could be that the upload COM dll is missing or unregistered. The name of the file is DSUpload.dll. You'll probably find this in the system32 folder. If it's there, you can run regsvr32 on it to re-register it. If not, you can try re-running the Aardvark installation and selecting the 'repair' option.

You may also want to check the registry -- there is a value called 'Upload Directory' in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Red Gate\Aardvark key, which should point to the location where the uploads will go.

Hopefully one of these will help solve the problem.