Options

How to set the version number in MSBuild Template

ganesh.mulimaniganesh.mulimani Posts: 28
edited May 27, 2014 4:19AM in Deployment Manager
Hi,

I am getting the below error when i provide the version number in msbuild template.
'1.0-RMS_RG_20140515.1' is not a valid version string.

what is maximum length for version number?
How can i fix this issue?

I followed the version number syntax which was provided in document
http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... ion+syntax

Thanks,
Ganesh

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

I am using RgPublish.exe to feed the package from TFS MSBuild template.
    Before i was facing the version number issue and i started using the sys date time for version number.
    Format: MM.dd.hh.mm.

I can able to build it in TFS using RgPublish.exe
    Version is /version=05.16.07.13.

But it is not feeding to Deployment Manager.

I get the proper output when i build
    E:\Builds\5\RMS\RMS Release\Sources\RMS>E:/RedGateRgPublish/RgPublish.exe /source="RMS.csproj" /packageid=RMS /version=05.16.07.13 /target=feed:[nuget URL] /apikey="[DM api key]" /verbose

Building package from web application project E:\Builds\5\RMS\RMS Release\Sources\RMS\RMS.csproj
    [Load] Loading project E:\Builds\5\RMS\RMS Release\Sources\RMS\RMS.csproj
    [Load] WebProjectOutputDir = C:\Windows\TEMP\akgh2f3r.d1j
    [Load] OutDir = C:\Windows\TEMP\akgh2f3r.d1j\bin [Load] Configuration = Release
    [Load] BuildingInRedgatePublish = True
    [Load] Successful

I am missing something?

Thanks,
    Ganesh
  • Options
    You said:
    '1.0-RMS_RG_20140515.1' is not a valid version string. what is maximum length for version number?

There are two issues with your version number. Use of '_' is not allowed in version names (you can only use hyphens, alphabets and numbers). Second issue is mentioned in the documentation link you posted. You are only allowed a suffix (RMS_RG_20140515 in your case) at the end of the version number. So 1.0.1-RMS-RG-20140515 is a valid version string. So is 1.0-RMS-RG-20140515.

So if a, b, c and d are numbers, here are valid version names:
    • a.b
    • a.b.c
    • a.b.c.d
    • a.b-suffix
    • a.b.c-suffix
    • a.b.c.d-suffix

Note: suffix can only use alphabets, numbers and hyphens.

You also said:
    I can able to build it in TFS using RgPublish.exe. Version is /version=05.16.07.13. But it is not feeding to Deployment Manager.

Would you please post the rgpublish command you ran and its output so that I can help you further?

Thanks!
    Chirayu Shishodiya
    Software Engineer - Deployment Manager
    Red Gate
  • Options
    In MsBuild i have passed this cmd
    /p:DeployToDM=True /p:RgPublishExecutable=E:/RedGateRgPublish/RgPublish.exe /p:CsProjPath=RMS.csproj /p:PackageId=RMS /p:TargetFeed=[Nuget feed name or url]

This is the buildlog.txt content.
    Deploy:
    Deploying application to Redgate Deployment Manager.
    Starting: (echo E:/RedGateRgPublish/RgPublish.exe /source="RMS.csproj" /packageid=RMS /version=05.27.04.03 /author="R-Digest" /target=feed:http://usgdc8k29.rdigest.com:81/nuget/ /apikey="3JJV2IVRH2JLWV8SQVD3NIGB3C" /verbose) | cmd.exe
    (echo E:/RedGateRgPublish/RgPublish.exe /source="RMS.csproj" /packageid=RMS /version=05.27.04.03 /author="R-Digest" /target=feed:http://usgdc8k29.rdigest.com:81/nuget/ /apikey="3JJV2IVRH2JLWV8SQVD3NIGB3C" /verbose) | cmd.exe
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

E:\Builds\5\RMS\RMS Release\Sources\RMS>E:/RedGateRgPublish/RgPublish.exe /source="RMS.csproj" /packageid=RMS /version=05.27.04.03 /author="R-Digest" /target=feed:[Nuget feed url] /apikey="3JJV2IVRH2JLWV8SQVD3NIGB3C" /verbose
    Red Gate Package Publishing Tool version 2.4.8.34

Building package from web application project E:\Builds\5\RMS\RMS Release\Sources\RMS\RMS.csproj
    [Load] Loading project E:\Builds\5\RMS\RMS Release\Sources\RMS\RMS.csproj
    [Load] WebProjectOutputDir = C:\Windows\TEMP\icehoc1s.s1b
    [Load] OutDir = C:\Windows\TEMP\icehoc1s.s1b\bin [Load] Configuration = Release
    [Load] BuildingInRedgatePublish = True
    [Load] Successful.